What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The Nova Scotia Home Builders' Association wants to offer NSCC students in the Trades & Technology programs to have the opportunity to network and build relationships with others in the residential construction industry. Members of the Student Ambassador Program will receive the same benefits and opportunities as all NSHBA members.
Why should I join?
- Greater recognition as a professional and set yourself apart from others
- Set yourself apart from other students
- Be on the leading edge of new technologies in your field
- Have your voice heard within the industry
- Network and meet experienced professionals on a regular basis
- Have your name on the NSHBA Student Ambassador website
- Annual $1000 scholarship awarded to one Student Ambassador member
- Award for Outstanding Student Ambassador presented at the Peak Awards
What do I have to do as a Student Ambassador?
- Attend at least four Local Member Meetings
- Attend at least one NSHBA social events (membership appreciation night, Central Nova auction, Peak Awards, ENERhouse, AGM, etc. (A student rate will be available)
- Volunteer for at least five hours for the Homebuilders Care Community Service Project for the year
- Participate on one committee of the NSHBA (meetings held quarterly)
*(Requirements slightly differ for Graduated students within the program)
What will it cost me to join?
Student Membership Fees: Full-year membership fees are $50.00 plus HST from November 1 to October 31. (If a student joins in March - July fees are pro-rated to $25 plus HST and the student will be billed the following November for the $50 rate if they are a returning student)
*(Graduated student fees are $100 plus HST/year)